- The only subjects which are prohibited are political statements, commercial advertising and indecent material.
- All artwork must be the artist’s original work and must be the unique use of the image.
- Please know the bottom bracket sleeve will be removed when the banner images are separated. If an artist paints on the bottom sleeve and wants it to be a part of the banner at the auction, he/she needs to make arrangements to be available during the cleaning and separation process in the weeks prior to the auction to work with his/her banner.
- Attachments can be made to the banner, with the stipulation that should anything detach, it will not cause harm to any persons or property.
- The recommended medium for painted banners is acrylic or oil paint. Weather resistence is a must.
- The Arts In Easton/Avalon Foundation is in no way liable for damage, loss, theft or harm which may occur to the banners while under its care.
send an email inquiry HERE to become an Artist for the 2016 Arts in Easton Banner Program
Artists are notified in February when the banners will be available for pickup at the Avalon Theatre Box Office (second floor), 40 E. Dover Street in Easton. The deadline to return your banners completely dry and weather proofed is May 25th. They will be installed in mid June and removed in April of the following year. This year the auction will be held at the Avalon Theatre on Saturday, May 17th from 7pm – 9:30pm. It is requested that all banner artists be present at the auction, and suggested that they plan to spend some time at the Avalon Theatre during preview hours on Friday evening or Saturday before the auction.
Minimum opening bid is $150. Each bid increment must be a minimum of $25 greater than the previous bid.
Auction revenue is divided in such a way that the cost of the program is covered first. The remainder is divided between you (75%) and the Avalon Foundation, Inc. whose mission is to provide diversified arts and educational programs in order to improve the quality of life on the Mid-Shore (25%).