Concerts and COVID-19: Answers to Your Questions
With Governor Hogan’s announcement that Maryland has entered Phase 3, the Avalon can now hold concerts for up to 100 people indoors and 250 people outside. While we all can be heartened that Maryland and Talbot County are moving in a positive direction, the risk of outbreak continues to be very real and the Avalon Foundation’s commitment to the safety of the community that we serve is unwavering. For this reason, the Avalon will phase in concerts with very limited live audiences both indoors and in the new Stoltz Pavilion, while employing all of the CDC recommendations. We do not plan to reach capacity limits in either location. Because we know that attending in person is not appropriate for people in higher risk populations, we will also be live-streaming each show this fall on YouTube and Facebook.
Please know that we are taking the following precautions to ensure your safety while at the Avalon Theatre:
- All high touch surfaces will be cleaned in advance of each performance
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at each table as well as at the entrance and restroom entrance (the restrooms are equipted with real sinks)
- Performers will be a minimum of 12 feet from audience members and will not enter the audience area at anytime
- We are limiting our audience In order to ensure that proper social distancing guidlines are met
- Seats will be spaced out with a minimum distance of 6 feet between housholds (in most cases it will be more space)
- We will be screening guests before they enter with a series of COVID questions, as well as taking temperatures
- There will be no walk-up bar service. We will offer table service ONLY with texting to place your order and no cash payments
- Guests will be required to maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance while waiting to enter the buiiding or Pavilion
- Guests must keep their masks on, covering both mouth and nose while attending performances (except while actively sipping), as well as adjoining areas (i.e. – entrance, lobby, hallways and restrooms)
- Guests must be seated and not mingle before, during or after performances
- Guests will be seated & dismissed by individual table to ensure adequate social distancing
- Guests who fail to follow these rules will be asked to leave on the first failure
Visit the Avalon Foundation website Calendar Page for information about our Fall Concert Series or contact the Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.