The Avalon Foundation is committed to providing culturally enriching experiences for young peopl
While the Avalon Foundation has provided programming for young people since its inception, it formalized its Young Audiences Program in 2009. Since that time the scope of the Foundation’s youth programming has grown considerably and is integrated into nearly every aspect of the Foundations work.
- The Young Audiences Youth Outreach Program is the centerpiece of the Foundation's programing for children and works with the Talbot County Board of Education on programming that enhances current curriculum, offers in school residencies with world-class performers and presents free bus-in performances during the school year to every 2nd – 8th grader in Talbot County Public Schools.
- Youth Summer Theatre Programs are offered for young actors of virtually every skill level.
- The Foundation’s newest program for children, ACT: Avalon Children’s Theatre gives young actors a chance to learn, perform and hone their skills.
- The Avalon Foundation presents its annual holiday play with a cast of 30-60 children. This is the only opportunity in this community for young actors to work on productions alongside adult actors.
- Plein Air Easton includes a day devoted to The Next Generation featuring high level instruction, painting and sales opportunities for budding painters.
- Frequently the Foundation brings national artists into the classroom on an ad hoc basis when schedules allow.
- The Foundation works with students to provide meaningful work experience through its intern program.
In addition to these targeted efforts most Avalon Theatre programming is all ages and kid friendly. The Multicultural Festival, Easton Carnival & 4th of July Celebration, the Easton Farmers Market are all wonderful family outings featuring live music. At the 8 annual Outdoor Summer Concerts, the dancing is usually initiated by someone under 3 years old.